Saturday, November 14, 2009

What type of flower is this?

Its really small; about as big around as one of the holes in a piece of lined paper.


It was a salmon-pink color (maybe coral?)


tiny delicate stem; the plant it grew on was only 3 inches tall. It could be a weed.


It had tiny purple marking towards the center.


Petals gave off a slight metallic shine (not much, though.) it had 5 round-ish petals, all the same size.





I can't find this flower anywhere! It was seen in a planter at my school (in southern CA.)





Please help me identify it; it was so cute!

What type of flower is this?
Could it be scarlet pimpernel (Anagallis arvensis)???





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_pim...





This is a common weed here in California. I've pressed tons of them in an old phone book for craft projects as they do have darling flowers.





Another plant that I can think of is possibly heron's bill or Swiss geranium (Erodium chamaedryoides syn. E. reichardii) but it's more pink than salmon:





http://www.marysplantfarm.com/_photos/pe...





If this isn't it, is it possible to post a picture?
Reply:It sounds like a pink forget-me-not.


No comments:

Post a Comment