Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pressed Flower Arranging Color Preserving - Help?

So after I press my flowers in a book for about a month and take them out, how do I preserve the color?


I've read so many answers but nobody seemed to have answered this. I don't expect my orchids to be vivid after pressing them but is there a way to make them fade LESS? Or do they not fade at all once they're pressed?





Also, does anyone have suggestions about how to ARRANGE and CREATE something with the pressed flowers? I was thinking of arranging them on some kind of special paper type of thing and framing it because i want to mail it to someone.





Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pressed Flower Arranging Color Preserving - Help?
I'll tell you what I know. I press my flowers in old phone books and make cards out of them. They seem to hold up well with my "process."





-I take a blank card and dab a drop of white craft glue on the back of the flower that I want to attach and place the flower where I want it.


-I then cover the front of the card with clear contact paper. This protects the flower from damage and seems to hold the color well.





With some practice, you can arrange your flowers and make them look like bouquets. I have also arranged them to resemble a wreath.





Here is a link for petals arranged to look like people, it's amazing!!! http://northstardesign.com/heidi/page3.h...





It seems that you are only limited by your imagination. So play with what you have!!! Best of luck. :)





P.S. If you don't want to cover the card with contact paper, slip a sheet of transparent paper on top of the card when mailing to protect the flower.

flowers gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment